Thursday 31 July 2014

A Quilty finish!

 I finished my advent calender.
Well, I've done everything I planned.
I added beads to all the holly berries.
 And some little brass charms.
 But I may add more! As the Christmas stock starts to appear in the local stores I may just see something which I can add to the calender.
I may even add a little more quilting.
Or maybe I won't.
For now, it's finished.
*
I'm still stitching away on my Geisha too.
She has grown somewhat since I took this image on Monday.
I had to go digging through my stock of left over threads (It pays to save left overs from other kitted projects) to find a match for a green that ran out! All the other colours seem to have way too much, but this particular green ran out 38 stitches short!
*
I'm off to be domestic for a while.
Then I get to play. 

7 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

I picked up some cross stitch yesterday that I started in 2012!

Janice said...

The open fire on your Advent calendar will be the only heating you need this coming Christmas (unless a cool change comes through, which has been known to happen). It is looking great.

Margaret said...

Beautiful. I love advent calendars and yours is great.

black bear cabin said...

How frustrating to run out of thread in the middle of a stitchery! glad you had some in the same color...that doesnt usually happen often :)
love your advent calendar! looks like youve been busy! :)
cheers!

Jewells said...

You certainly have been busy! All looking great.

Diane-crewe said...

your wall hanging looks great x .. now don't go wishing you could put it up SOON!! lol x

Gari in AL said...

That is so pretty, I'd be tempted to keep it up all year round.