Thursday 19 February 2015

Swap with Janice.

I hunted all over everywhere, for this first picture, I knew I had taken it. Then I went and took it again. Moments later, I found the original.
You guessed it, still on the camera!
So anyway, here you see three of the beautiful place mats Janice made and gifted to me on her recent visit. There are six of them, but try as I might, I couldn't get a nice picture of all six!
Janice also put a pretty boomerang fabric edge onto a tea towel for me. I guess that's one tea towel I'll never lose!
In return I had made this table runner for her. 
I realised right at the last minute that although it was all done in Kiwi ana fabrics, there was no actual kiwi on it, so I quickly cut this dude from one of the fabrics and stitched him on.
Janice was as tickled with her gift as I am with mine. She says she loves runners and uses them a lot.
It was great to spend time with her again.
*
It's been great also to spend some time with Debs this week, we spent two evenings together working on our Christmas Story quilts. We have both completed most of the machine appliqué for block one.There is however a lot of thread tidying to be done!
*
I've had two really positive visits with my Chiropractor and feel a little better. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get back to some exercises and start to strengthen my back again, but as the Chiro keeps on saying, baby steps Lou, don't rush. So this evening I'll sit with my needle and tidy threads.

3 comments:

Janice said...

I sure was tickled with my runner and can't wait to put it on the coffee table. I'm pleased your back is starting to be relieved. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your new project.

Raewyn said...

Sounds like you have had a busy and fun time lately! The gifts you and Janice made each other are lovely :-) Hope your back continues to improve.

pollyanna said...

Beautiful placemats! I love how they have clean lines and are quilted so perfectly for plates to sit :) And your kiwi fabrics--delightful!