Sunday 18 February 2018

Don't you just love precuts?

I've had a busy few days again.
I've spent a couple of evenings under he kiwi quilt. There are a lot of threads to tidy away, I'm not even half way done with that yet. I'll keep at it though, it's a nice job in the evenings while the television is on.
 On Wednesday I fished out a couple of charm packs I've had for some time and made another start.
The fabric collection is called Aspen frost, by Moda.
I really can't remember what I was going to do with them, or even if there was ever a plan, but I settled on making another table cloth. I figured the best way to get things just how I want them, is to work on the table, so I did. 
After settling on a layout, I got sewing.
Added some borders and 
Voila!!
One very Christmassy table cover all done and waiting to be quilted.
Phew! I don't know what has gotten into me, but I seem to be on a roll here. I'm loving it.
On Friday after work, the girls and I headed South, to The Quilting Shed. We're getting to be regulars there! It is a beautiful shop. So bright, colourful and inspirational. I was very well behaved and only bought a few items. I think Claire and Debbie blew their pocket money budget for the next few paydays!! Both buying more than one kit.
Anyway, here's my wee haul.
A book, with some lovely giftable projecs and useful little makes.
A kit to make a cute wee bag, in Kaffe fabrics.....(Hopefully he will soon find another company to produce his fabrics and this little wobble will be over.)
I also found some fabric to match yet more charm squares that I purchased since immigrating. So not that long ago really. LOL
I also selected quilting threads for two recent finishes.
Now I just need to sort out backing fabrics.
I enjoyed my afternoon out with the girls, it was fun.
Saturday was a busy day, with house and garden stuff, but today, was fun time again.
After I have prepped some veggies for the freezer, and got some more into brine for pickling tomorrow, I was able to potter in my room. I had a tidy up as it had gotten a little messy, then, before I knew what was happening, I had made up my bag kit!
Tada!
Cute huh?
Then I started to play about with my Pocketful of daisies charms.
As I said previously, I've had the charms for 2 - 3 years, and four fat quarters of coordinating fabrics.
On Friday I topped it up with another metre of coordinating fabric. The grey piece at the top of the image..
 And guess what happened when I pulled them out for a photo shoot. I found myself sorting lights and dark, and topped up the numbers by cutting some extras from the fat quarters
And in almost no time, I had some quick four patch blocks made. 
The other pieces will become coin stacks.
Fun to be had tomorrow, after I finish the preserves!
*
Claire went to a house clearance on Thursday and bought a huge amount of fabrics and some other crafty supplies. She knows I'm collecting some lovely rose fabrics and gifted this bundle to me.
I have half a plan for them.
*
I think it might be wine o'clock.
I'll treat myself to a glass, while I bury some thread in the kiwi quilt.
I do hope your week was as good as mine. 


5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Precut are a great quick way to bust into a project...... Nice fabric.... Enjoy your wine

Janice said...

You’re making me tired just reading about all your projects. They look great. Go you!

AnnieO said...

How wonderful to have friends to share quilting with again! You have been busy playing with fabric and thread, such pretty projects under your needle. Hope the trend continues! I’m not a fan of burying threads but it’s usually worth it :)

Karen S said...

You are definitely on a roll!
Lovely work with the Christmas tablecloth. So great when a plan comes together.
And it looks like fun was had by all at the Quilting Shed.
The daisy charms look like fun and have taken over!

pollyanna said...

You are on a roll!