Thursday 27 November 2008

The red red robin.

I set too yesterday after work and made a start on mums placemats. Nothing fancy, no piecing. I bought this robin fabric in red and gold, cut it to a handy size and backed it!
To quilt I've simply stitched around the central image with gold thread, job done. I'll have to go back to the shop to get a little more of the fabric I've used for binding though, it seems that a fat quarter is just not quite enough. I have only one mat left to bind though,and this little pile to close up!

Hmm, I forgot to take a picture of the gold colourway. Maybe next time. There are three of each, gold and red. I'm sooooooo tempted to get more robins as well as the binding fabric, they are so sweet I wouldn't mind a set of these myself!
I have some fabric that Janet sent to me some time ago, I have plans to make a table runner with some of that, must get it out and play, I may need a little something to add to it.
Right, I'm off to play for a couple of hours, it's my day off and Hunney has a half day, I'm going to meet him at lunch time and go Christmas shopping, as well as fabric shopping.

Gratitude's
1) The weather forcast says the yuck will be gone by lunchtime!
2) Quick and easy projects.
3) Pretty fabrics to play with.

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

I love that Robin fabric. They will look great at Christmas.

Jane said...

Gorgeous fabric, don't blame you for getting some more