Monday 28 March 2016

He has his uses!

  I had to wind some yarn the other night and was looking for somewhere to place the hank!
Tony performed admirably.
But he couldn't have done it without supervision from Belle..
Indeed, even I require her help at times.
I do hope she approves of my colour choices.
*
She was nowhere to be seen today, when the vinegar came out and we started pickling!
First up, the lovely jewel tones of sandwich pickles, made form the last of the cucumbers.
I stripped the vines yesterday, there were loads left, but it is getting cooler and it's time to tidy up.
Next was a batch of Sweet chilli sauce, made from the chillis I pulled from the green house.

There are more chillis out there and they are still slowly changing colour, so I'll give them a little longer.
The tomatoes are also still turning red, though a lot slower than they were a few weeks ago!!
I suspect that next weekend, I'll be stripping out the green house and be looking for green tomato chutney recipes.
Right, I hit the ground running this morning, so it's time to relax and enjoy what little is left of the long weekend.
Hope you had a happy Easter.


3 comments:

Janice said...

Good to see Tony so hard at it. the preserves look yummy.

Maria said...

LOL What a good idea..... And your preserves look great...

Diane-crewe said...

I like your helpers xx I have a swift and ball winder that I love .. they are quick and don't complain about how long it is taking.. or that their arms/legs are aching xx lol x