Thursday 9 August 2007

All finished.

I have to post twice again today, as there are so many pictures.



My mitres need a little work! I got myself more than a little confused and ended up having a few trial runs. I bought buttons to put on where the blocks meet, fearing that they would not be very tidy. I surprised myself, but used the buttons anyway, they look very pretty. They were a pain to put on, is there an easy way to get to the middle of a quilt this size?
Anyway, here it is showing off it's bottom on DDs bed. I think the binding is really effective, I like it very much.




I didn't quite get the random effect I wanted with the heart blocks, I think I'm half way there.
On the whole, as a first attempt at anything bigger than a patchwork/quilted cushion front, I'm rather pleased with myself.


Hunney loves it too, he is amazed at how quickly I managed to get it made. He says I can't do another one just yet, LOL we can't afford for me to be making one a month! So, I have my cross stitch and some knitting yarns, I'll just have to get busy with those! But I will be visiting quilting again, very soon. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

You wanna stay with me and see what I do next?



5 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

It looks lovely!
Blue/white is such a classic, clean, comforting combination. And your pieceing looks very nice.
And you just tell your Hunny to be nice or you might have to take up another craft too! LOL
Congratulations on your first large top.

Gerry said...

The quilt is very pretty. You've done a really nice job with the back, too.

Now what's next????

Julia said...

it's beautiful Loulee!,
and for your first big quilt, you did really well!
The back looks lovely too..

Rose Marie said...

Well done ... you did a great job for your first large quilt and I especially like the buttons and binding!

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Loulee,
I love your quilt !! I'm a huge fan of Dresdan Plate & Grandmother Fan quilts.
http://www.rattiemom.blogspot.com