Wednesday 15 August 2007

Treasure and a day out.

Hunney and I are off work this week. We have no trip away planned, but we did agree to a coulpe of days out. Today was one of those, we had a look around the shops in a nearby town then had lunch before spending the afternoon in the Manx Museum. We both enjoyed that as it's been some time since we went. Part of the exhibit is constantly changing. On this visit there is a huge exhibition celebrating 100 years of the world famous TT races.


Of course just before we left the house this morning, the postie called. Look what she had for me! I got to have a quick play then I was whisked off. Time now to have a proper look and start planning. I see some very pretty and girly log cabins in my near future.



The beautiful bright pinks in the 'scrap bundle' are this months 'Beginners club' offerings, along with instructions for making up 4, 9, 12 or 16 patch blocks, so I think thats what I'll do with them.

I'll have to make the most of my time tonight as tomorrow and Thursday I have a training course. My manager gave me time off but the training co-ordinator didn't think I would mind two days of training in the middle! Well, I don't think she'll do that again, I told her exactly what I think of that!

I'm off to play.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Thank you for those links, Lou - I had a quick look, but I'm going to bring Ken in here over the weekend for a closer look. Neither of us has any ambition to go to Europe, but if we ever got the chance, the place we would head for first is your home! We were just wondering the other day if the Isle Of Man races are still going. Now I know, thanks to you!