The problem with being so single minded is that I get things finished very quickly!
Yes thats right I finished it. On Monday night I left it all laid out on the floor ready to baste.
So on Tuesday morning I got on with that then, quilted in the ditch. There was no way I was going to try anything fancy which might spoil this beauty. By the time Hunney came home looking for his dinner I had the binding on and ready to close.
It took me 5 hours to close it up and bury all my quilting threads after dinner last night. Hmm, Hunney still has a problem with burying threads, I've explained and shown him how it's done, he's listened to the knots popping through the fabric, but still insists that they will come undone! LOL
These pictures really don't show it in it's full technicolour glory. It is beautiful. At 70x87 it's the largest quilt I've made to date. I think in future I'll stick to the quilt as I go method for larger items though, as this one gave me one or two problems working with it as a whole. No pictures of the back you'll notice. ;-) No truly huge mistakes or disasters but there are one or two small folds which should not be there. I'll work on my technique during future quilts.
I have quite a bit of the batik fabrics left. There was more than enough to have given the stars their middles, but I didn't want to risk out weighing the butterflies. There was also enough of the upper wing fabrics to have made the lower wings with the same stuff, but I went for the scrappier look of all 40 fabrics! (I don't think it's right using the word scrappy when discussing this beauty, but it would be a good one for using scraps. Imagine all those beautiful butterflies made out of all your favorite little bits and pieces.) I have a half baked plan for all the off cuts and left overs, hmmm........
Have a great day.
3 hours ago