Thursday 1 May 2008

Feels Good

It really does feel very good, to finally get a day at home and time to play with fabrics and my sewing machine. Life has very much been getting in the way lately, well not life as such, more like work! I seem to have very few late shifts these last couple of weeks and when I did get a late shift found myself having to study all morning to catch up there. All I really wanted to do was sew. So I apologise for not posting for ages. I've had very little time to read your blogs either, I managed one or two here and there, so today I had over 50 feeds to catch up on! I'm sorry, but I didn't comment on each and every one, suffice to say, I found inspiration, advice and good ideas as well as all the friendly chit chat and gossip I've grown to love. It was nice to be back in the land of blog and catch up on what you have all been doing.

Today I've made the top for my 'Another Little Quilt Swap' Here's a taste of some colours, I haven't used all of these, just some of them. I don't want to say which ones 'cause I know my partner reads my blog.
So with top completed I've laid it to one side while I think about how to quilt it. In the mean time I have the label all ready to go, I'll stitch it in hand using stem stitch, I'll do that tonight in front of the TV.

For now I'm off to cut some pieces for DS2 quilt, poor boy was so hoping I'd have it almost finished by now.

Have a great day.



2 comments:

black bear cabin said...

Don't ya just love hand sewing in front of the TV during a fun movie or show?! :)
The colors are lovely...im sure your quilting partner will love it!
I have all the fabric for mine, but i havent cut into it yet...youre wayyyy ahead of me! Guess i better get crackin!
cheers~
lisajo

Unknown said...

Lou, never feel like you need to apologise for not blogging, work, study, etc is all a part of life. Glad you've managed to find some you time though, such lovely fabrics you've chosen. Looking forward to seeing the completed top.