Saturday 31 May 2008

Been Cross stitching

You know, you ladies and the odd gent, have led me astray! I used to be a cross stitcher but I was lured over to quilting about a year ago. Some of you may remember I harboured the idea that I could alternate between the two, quilting this week and stitching next week! HA! What planet was I on? This is the point I was at when I slipped away from my cross stitch this image is dated 31 July 07.......

And this one, taken just a few moments ago, 31 May 08, exactly 10 months later.


Not much has changed huh? I've slowly crept across the grass, a few stitches here and there, but in the last couple of days I've finished the grass, the grey brown blob is the beginnings of a wolfs paw, I've done that over the last couple of evenings while watching TV. I've enjoyed working on this again and hope to stay with it, plodding away slowly while I also manage to get on and make a little mystery quilt.

Julia over at Camille's Place is having a give away to celebrate that she has had over 300,300 visitors to her blog. She invites us all to enter and to spread the word.

Like Julia, I have a stat counter on this blog and I'm always amazed at the number of people who visit me, the comments never seem to match the numbers though! LOL Maybe every one is shy.

Have a great day.



3 comments:

Lorraine said...

keep up the good work with the cross stitch....quilting pretty much put paid to most of my other crafty pursuits..not enough time for everything! I have just finished my little quilt and sent a pic off to Kate....hope the person who is receiving it likes it...

Lynda said...

As to visitor numbers, I know it's called the World Wide Web, but I had no idea how much surfing goes on! I have a map on my blog, and it shows I have had visitors from India, Japan, Africa, South America and Australia, to name but a few of the more ununusaul places! Incredible!

quiltygal said...

Yep that dratted quilting will put paid to everyother hobbie ( ask my hubbie he says its replaced sex!!)hehe I could never get on with cross stitch it just seemed to take sooooo long ????mind you so does my quilting so maybe its just me....know what you mean about the traffic & comments I thought the same till I realised how many times I dont comment so I am making an effort to do it more sometimes you think I havent much to say but I guess it dont matter
Claire