Wednesday 24 September 2008

Still working on Christmas.

I don't think this is quite what Maria had in mind when she asked me to have some Me Time. Some sewing was one of the suggestions, but I'm fairly sure she didn't mean getting on with making Christmas presents!
*
For some time I've had an old denim dress lying here waiting to be turned into a skirt and prettied up in some way, a couple of weeks ago it changed it's mind and told me it wanted to be hand bags instead. Great idea, so yesterdays spare time was used up making a Christmas present for DD.
*
First I had to dismantle the dress........

Then I forgot all about taking photos until it was finished, I was well and truly 'in the zone' as Dear Son calls it. Apparently I had do not disturb written on my face. Maybe I should check with Maria and see if that counts as me time after all. Anyway, here it is, one little denim bag complete with appliqued leaf.

The pattern is a freebie from McCalls/Butterick, I've had it for quite a while so can't remember exactly where I found it. It was fiddly! I wouldn't make it again, well maybe in a larger size as a grocery tote, but not as a little purse. 
*
Later on I sat upstairs in the study with Hunney and worked on the Winter Village cross stitch, only some back stitching left to do there and it will be complete. Now that  had to be quality me time, I was doing what I enjoy most, peace in the study with Hunney while I stitch.
*
What would you do with some quality me time? Leave a comment on this post to be in the draw for a little bag full of secret goodies. 
LOL I keep wanting to put you all in a drawer!
*

Gratitude's
1) Time with Hunney
2) Another Christmas Gift sorted.
3) Office day today.



1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

What would you do with some quality me time?

ill let you know after tomorrow...thats when grandma and grandpa take jordyn for the day...the whole day! :)
perhaps ill work on my ALQS2 swap...im trying something new, so the solitude will be nice :)

or i may blow that off altogether and curl up with a good book :)

cheers!
(p.s. i miss having you in the ALQS swap this time around :(