Saturday, 16 May 2009

I made a start.

I got stuck in yesterday and made great progress, (As is usual, my pictures are backwards) After my paddle around the sitting room and a bite to eat I sat down to cast on and make a start on the little knitted jacket, I think I did quiet well before having to down needles to go to work.
Here is the back with the rib completed and the beginnings of the pattern set in. I wasn't really looking forward to doing this one, I thought it would take an age, the 3 1/4 mm needles feel so tiny after working on 6 mm for Joes sweater and 9 mm for my own cardigan! It knitted up quickly though and the pattern on the back is an easy one, so maybe I'll have another quick finish.
Before my paddle around the sitting room I played about with the Christmas Wishes BOM. I already had the current patterns printed and ready to go, I dug out my Christmas fabrics and got cutting.
Now I have parts 2, 3, 4 and 5 all ready to stitch. I also have all the fabric ready for the remaining parts, I won't sew them together until after I have traced the designs though as I like to use interfacing on the back of my stitcheries.
So I have plenty to do, and may just have a lazy time of it today rather than rowing around the sitting room, to be honest I'm shattered, we didn't stop at work today, I was so sure I could see myself just ahead and around the corners! It's my girls night in tonight, but I'm really not feeling up to it at the moment, maybe if I just sit and knit for a while I'll be ready for it later.
1) Girl friends.
2) Got my shoes off!!
3) Time to rest.


Stephanie said...

I love having multiple projects in the long as I finish them, eventually!

Lurline said...

I always puddle around from one project to the other! Looking forward to seeing this garment as it progresses! Yes, tiny needles!
Hugs - Lurline♥