Saturday 16 May 2009

I made a start.

I got stuck in yesterday and made great progress, (As is usual, my pictures are backwards) After my paddle around the sitting room and a bite to eat I sat down to cast on and make a start on the little knitted jacket, I think I did quiet well before having to down needles to go to work.
Here is the back with the rib completed and the beginnings of the pattern set in. I wasn't really looking forward to doing this one, I thought it would take an age, the 3 1/4 mm needles feel so tiny after working on 6 mm for Joes sweater and 9 mm for my own cardigan! It knitted up quickly though and the pattern on the back is an easy one, so maybe I'll have another quick finish.
*
Before my paddle around the sitting room I played about with the Christmas Wishes BOM. I already had the current patterns printed and ready to go, I dug out my Christmas fabrics and got cutting.
Now I have parts 2, 3, 4 and 5 all ready to stitch. I also have all the fabric ready for the remaining parts, I won't sew them together until after I have traced the designs though as I like to use interfacing on the back of my stitcheries.
*
So I have plenty to do, and may just have a lazy time of it today rather than rowing around the sitting room, to be honest I'm shattered, we didn't stop at work today, I was so sure I could see myself just ahead and around the corners! It's my girls night in tonight, but I'm really not feeling up to it at the moment, maybe if I just sit and knit for a while I'll be ready for it later.
*
Gratitude's
1) Girl friends.
2) Got my shoes off!!
3) Time to rest.


2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love having multiple projects in the works...as long as I finish them, eventually!

Lurline said...

I always puddle around from one project to the other! Looking forward to seeing this garment as it progresses! Yes, tiny needles!
Hugs - Lurline♥