Thursday 3 March 2011

Frosty Rooftops

These beautiful clear sunny days we've been getting, mean cold frosty nights. I popped my head and the camera out of our skylights this morning. There was so much frost settled on them, that was the only way I would see the world.
The early morning sun was so pretty, but my photography skills only stretched to a hazy shot over the roof tops.
In just a few minutes the sun has started to melt the frost and this rooftop is getting blacker by the moment.
A day off today. Except I'm volunteering with one of the service users. You know how sometimes there are people you'd go out of your way to help?
When I get home, I'll knit. I'm onto the handles of the bag now. It'll be time for that zip soon.
Take care.

6 comments:

Justflo said...

Like your pics. It's frosty here today as well, mind you I am only the other side of the water. We started with sunshine but I put the washer on so now it's going dull. If it rains don't blame me!!

Gillie said...

Thank you for the photographs! I was out early this morning in the frost and fog of Cheshire but got the dreaded message - change the battery pack! Enjoyed watching Martin Clunes last night - with a quick look at your beautiful island!

QuiltSue said...

What a beautiful blue sky.

Janice said...

Bbrrrr! Something for us to look forward to fairly soon. This morning was our coldest so far this year - down to 6 deg C, but with a definite nip in the air. At least after a big frost you get a beautiful day.

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoying the pics.....interesting view over the roof tops........my nearest neighbour is a couple of km's away........reminds me of Mary Poppins......lol
nice pics in the last post....

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Ooooooo....can you hear the longing for a cold morning in my sigh??
I'm over the tropics. LOL!
Hugs
Jenny
xx