Thursday 22 September 2011

A Finish!

Well I did it. I sat at my machine and I sewed. I think I stayed there a little longer than I should have.I'm sore, and when I finish here I'm off to my comfy chair.
'Making Spirits Bright' is a Birdhouse design. I brought the printed panel home from NZ in 2009.
And finally got around to stitching it. Look, I made Prairie points! My first ever. There was some swearing, and I admit to having to unpick more than once trying to get them under control.
*
I sat for a while earlier and looked through about half of the SSCS list posted on Chookys blog. I didn't stop to comment anywhere, you know me, I'm a better lurker than I am commenter, but it was nice to look around and see what people are stitching. And to see pretty spring flowers blossoming down under, especially as today is cold wet and horrible.
*
My cosy, comfy blanket and chair are calling to me.


2 comments:

Janice said...

Your stitchery turned out beautifully. The prairie points really finish it off, so worth the effort. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful stitchery.......glad to hear your enjoying the list on the sidebar checking out blogs........