Is not my strong point, but today I had another go.
Lets start at the beginning.
Remember I said I had stitched the remaining strips of Butterfly Fling directly onto my quilt wadding? Well I didn't have the backing in place, I was just working with the batting. I think that's what has been causing me problems. I've tried a couple of times to quilt this one using the Janome, but I don't have the right tools to free motion quilt with it, so I stuck to straight line quilting, even using the walking foot I had major issues with puckering and creasing!!! So today I reacquainted myself with an old friend. I do have the right tools to do a little free motion using my old sewing machine.
I cut out some raw edge pieces and it was 'High Ho Silver and away'. I quilted through all the layers and now my latest creation has Daises. I'm tickled pink. :-)
Though not yet finished properly, even the back looks OK.
I used left over strips for the binding, which is already attached. I plan to spend the afternoon finishing my quilting threads and closing the binding.
These last few remnants went into the scrap box.
Before leaving my playroom I pulled my Charming stars off the quilt rack, it was in 5 bits, 4 strips and a half top! It took only moments to give the parts a quick press and put them together.
This is a Moda Bake Shop pattern. There are two borders to add. Maybe I'll play with that next time.
Right, I'm off to find food. Then I get to relax and play some more.