Saturday 6 October 2018

A Few Goings On.

In between the final shifts at my old job and inductions and introductions at my new job, there has still been time for crafting.
I used some of the floral fabric left overs to make a pretty girly bunting. 
I also used some soft creams and a little beige, I'm regretting that now though!
There may be more bunting, or maybe not. I'll see where my muse takes me.
On Wednesday after lunch with the girls I wandered home, not really sure what I would do with myself. 
I finished up making a little quilted needle roll for my crochet hooks.
 I started out looking for scraps of fabric, but ended up cutting in to two fat quarters that seemed made for each other.
I even found a scrap of gross grain ribbon with paw prints on which seemed appropriate, given the main fabric has Scottie dogs on it.
I've had a tidy up in my crochet corner and have a few smaller items on the go. I'll pull them out for a show and tell on another day.
*
The garden is taking up quite a bit of our time at the moment.
We have most of our veges planted and some tomatoes in the green house.
We just need to keep on top of the weeds!

 I thought you might appreciate a quick look around. The snow ball tree is putting on a great and scented display at the moment.
And just over the foot path, the wedding cake tree, (Which you can see from my quilting studio window) Is also getting warmed up and will be flowering very soon. 
 The big cherry tree, (Which is also outside the quilting studio) has just about finished flowering.
 But it's smaller friend, on the other end of the green house, is just getting going!
The lawns have all been treated with a weed and feed supplement and will be getting a mow any day now. So on the whole, the garden is looking pretty good at the moment, with just one bed awaiting attention.
No gardening for me this afternoon.
I plan to spend it stitching or sewing quietly someplace. :-)


3 comments:

Maria said...

Sweet bunting.. What a gorgeous roll for your crochet needles..
Your yard is looking great.

Ali Honey said...

I love to see your garden progress. You seem to do very similar things to me. Our climates are probably different but otherwise producing as much of our own food as we can remains our goal and yours I guess.
Keep at it!

Karen S said...

Lovely work with your sewing and your garden is blooming beautifully.