Monday 29 October 2018

A quick note.

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave it so long!
Life suddenly got very busy, between starting my new job, with it's longer and very different hours, working in the garden and a weekend away fishing, I just haven't had much time for crafting, let alone blogging.
I have done a few wee crafting things though.
I spent two afternoons on some secret stuff.
And made myself some bunting.
But try as I have, I just can't seem to get a decent photo of the bunting for you.
 It's hanging in the window of my sewing room.
 Which of course is not an ideal place for great photography.
 I'm sure you get the idea.
I also pulled out a very loud and busy piece of fabric that came to me in a bundle purchased from the WWW.
I chopped a little piece off and added a red border around that.
Then used a larger piece for backing.
 There was just enough in the off cuts for binding.
Which I didn't close up yet, but I did make a start over at Debbie's place last night.
Maybe I'll get it finished today.
This one will be going onto Claire's market stall.
She sold one of my crochet blankets and one of my quilts in recent weeks so it's time for a top up.
I don't start work until 10.30 today, I should get on and do some domestics, so that my days off can be all about me stuff!!

3 comments:

Janice said...

How cute is your bunting. It frames your window beautifully without blocking the view. I'm sure your latest quilt will find a home fairly quickly.

Karen S said...

Good to see you still fitting in a bit of stitching time. Hope you are enjoying the new job.

Raewyn said...

I've just had a catch up read of your last few posts - love the crochet hook holder and good luck with the new job. It sounds like the hours are a lot more user friendly! Your garden is looking gorgeous too :-)