Sunday 21 October 2007

Back to it!

Hunney has had to go out to work today. I have a whole Sunday, all to myself. So I got stuck into my lovely pink quilt. I finished tacking it the other day so the first order of business today was to sort out some off cuts to practice on. I wanted to try to stitch around some of the flowers on the fleece back. I picked on the ones with the black outline.


Here's how it looks front and back. I choose a plain white cotton to practice on so I could clearly see how it comes out. I'm fairly happy with this, I hope it looks as good as this on the patterned fabrics in the quilt.

I'm on my way. There's a heck of a lot of flowers here! I'm putting little curly cues in the larger gaps between flowers and trying to concentrate on one patch at a time.


I'm hoping to get this finished today, we'll see.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck Loulee - but don't forget to take a breather now and then. I tend to get a bit carried away whenmachine quilting til I start aching all over !

Rose Marie said...

I bought a foot to do free form quilting but have yet to take it out of the package and here you are speeding along and it looks like you are having such fun!