Tuesday 5 October 2010

A lovely relaxing day.

Before I sat down to sew yesterday I had a little reshuffle. Firstly I hauled one of the sofas away from it's spot under the window. Then in went my armchair. I've been having problems with back and hip pain recently and wondered if a change of seating would help.
My old granny chair as one of my colleagues calls it was just the thing. I sat here for hours yesterday, with barely a shuffle, it seemed I only moved to change projects and threads. When it got cooler in the evening I pulled the curtains and wrapped myself in that cosy looking quilt and continued to sew using my lamp. Perfect!
*
What did I sew? I used some of this beautiful De Haviland Embroidery thread.
To do a little stitching for my SSCS project.
Yes I know it's not much of a picture, but if I showed, then it wouldn't be secret would it?
Then, because I was so comfortable and wanted to stay put I decided to revisit my cross stitch.
If you remember this one came to me already started. I've done quite a bit of it though and keep pecking away at it now and then. I have to say I'll be glad when it is finished. Yesterday and last night I really enjoyed working on it though, it was lovely and felt like I had slowed down a bit. Bliss.
*
Today I have a late shift at work, having slept in until almost 10am I've had a late start too! I plan to work some more on my SSCS project and depending on how things go, maybe a little knitting.
*
Thanks for the get well wishes for the cold, it's not come to much, I was worried as some of my colleagues took time off with it, but I seem to have a milder dose.
*
I'm off to play.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Being comfortable is so important! Your corner looks lovely!

Jane said...

What a cosy little corner, no wonder you felt motivated to stitch.

Cardygirl said...

Glad you are feeling better & have found a perfect sewing chair...love the thread for SSCS!

AnnieO said...

That does sound like a lovely amount of time spent at stitching. Glad you found just the right spot! I haven't done any cross-stitch in ages and have a project that has gotten set aside for too long. I need a spot too!

QuiltSue said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you find just the right chair, in just the right place?

Gina said...

Those chairs are so comfortable.I'm on the look out for one as our old one went to beyond repair unfortunately.
I've some of that embroidery thread, and in the same colour way. I love it for hand quilting.

Glad you are feeling better

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

a nice spot to sit and stitch.......also good to hear of some SSCS stitching.........

Chookyblue...... said...

can you email me the "iom" email bounced.........