Monday 25 October 2010

Peace and quiet.

Saturday was a busy day, what with the grocery shopping, a quick tidy up and dinner for eight. It was nice to sit with Tony all day on Sunday just watching movies. I didn't do a great deal of anything. A lovely peaceful lazy day.
*
That peaceful feeling has continued into today, but not the laziness, look, I'm quilting. I decided that my original plan for this quilt was far to ambitious. And I'm off with some straight line quilting. I had left a lot of blank back ground fabrics, with the intention of getting a bit fancy with it. But then I made a huge great super king size top all in one go, I think perhaps if I want to get fancy I should quilt as I go in future.
I may go back and revisit that huge expanse of back ground and add some more applique, I'll see how things go.
*
A few days ago I cast on another knitted blanket, I haven't done loads to it, just a row or two here and there. It's so wide it takes me almost a half hour to do one row. I've added a third colour to this one and played about with it again.
The pattern says to work the four row repeat three times and then to change colour, but as you can see, I'm not playing that game. I decided to go for a more varied look.
I'll knit a couple of rows here and there as I quilt the monster, hopefully that will give my back and shoulders a break from the machine.
*
Another thing I did yesterday was have a chat with Santa. Much as I would love a Gracie there is just no room for one here, not even if I go back to sewing in our dining room. I have to say, he looked somewhat relieved. That said, what would I like for Christmas?

3 comments:

Jane said...

I have peace and quiet too, the boys have gone out roller skating with friends for the day. That's going to be a very pretty blanket. Enjoy your quilting.

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt quilted and the blanket knitted.

Pascale said...

I hope we get to see this quilt soon, it looks very interesting. You are so busy. Amazing.