Saturday 5 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all. Sorry I'm not around much recently, my life and routines have changed considerably since our move. I do still make time for some pleasures though.  Behold, my first finish of 2013. :-)  This colourful beauty is a gift for a friends daughter.
 It's rather a grey day today and unfortunately you don't see it at it's best. Believe me it is soooo much prettier in real life.
So whats next? I have two quilt tops here awaiting my attentions, but just can't bring myself to work on them.  So more crochet it is. I've plenty of yarn left over from the the latest finish.

8 comments:

Cath said...

Happy New Year . Love the blanket .Take care .X

AnnieO said...

It's very pretty, Lou!

Hope your Mum is doing much better.

Ali Honey said...

Well done. A finish already is very commendable ( doesnt matter when it was started.)I think you are wise to do what you are in the mood for...quilts will reappear when you are ready.
Best Wishes for 2013.

Janice said...

The rug is gorgeous. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.

Jane said...

What a great finish to start the year, that pink border just sets it all off. Wonderful
http://www.loopysplace.co.uk/blog.html

QuiltSue said...

Good to hear from you. How is your mother?

Jenny said...

Hi Lou! Sorry to hear about your Mum. I have only Just started to read blogs again after nearly a year of our house being upside down. Hope all goes well for you...

LuAnn said...

I really love the look of the individual granny squares across the pillows. What a beautiful afghan!