Sunday 16 February 2014

Only two more sleeps and........

A new start. 
I just can't sit and do nothing! I get edgy and bored! I had that problem on Friday and had to go digging in my bag of yarn. I came up with these pretty colours and got stuck right in. 
I do have a cross stitch project handy, but just wanted something mindless. I can granny away and still relax and follow something on TV. I might even manage to take this on the plane and do a little as we travel.
*
Speaking of travel......
As you see from the title of my post, we have only two more sleeps in this house.
Today we plan to pack our suitcases and our carry on luggage, the cases will be stashed in an out of the way corner, so that tomorrow when the removals guys come we know that they won't be packing the wrong thing and they can get on with their job and not have us hovering just in case.
They will finish packing us up on Tuesday, once that is done we will have one last tidy up before heading to my brothers house where we will stay awake all night, before catching the very early bird flight off the island. The plan is that we will sleep all day in a hotel in Manchester before flying out in the evening. That way hopefully we will already be on NZ time!
Like I said, that's the plan. I've tried it twice before with limited success.
*
See you on the other side. :-)

7 comments:

Cath said...

Have a good journey , and take care . Can't wait to see pics of your new home from home .xxx

Diane-crewe said...

ooh! Your big adventure is HERE xx It seems to have come so quickly!! to me anyway!I wish you a good and safe journey x and look forwards to hearing about it ALL x

QuiltSue said...

Good luck all of you as you face a new life. Have a safe trip.

Gari in AL said...

I am so excited for you. And once you are rested, on the other side, I expect lots of pictures of where you have landed. Cheers.

Gillie said...

Best wishes from another traveller!

Janice said...

That last week flew! This is all so exciting for you. Your big adventure is about to start. It must be weird being ready and just waiting. Have a good trip over and be brave with your good byes. I can't believe that you will now only be just over the ditch from us.

Nicky said...

Have a wonderful and safe journey, will be great to catch up on your news when you're here in NZ...