Monday 9 May 2016

Come for a walk?

 It's been a while since I took you along for a walk.
As you know, I love to walk in the scenic reserve.
It is so pretty in there. The day I took the camera along was lovely and warm, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.
 The birds were singing and the crickets were chirping. 
Sometimes I find huge pine cones on the ground, but not this time, they were all up in the trees.
I also see toadstools, loads of toadstools. And lots of different varieties too.
Some trees are ever green, some are still green and others are bare.
But there are some trees that have beautiful autumn colours.
 I love to see the reds and golds.
 The road is kept clear of leaves, but the trackways and areas along the road are carpeted in crisp autumn leaves.
 Love the dry autumn we're having. Much nicer than the wet soggy autumns I remember in the UK.
Of course the cooler autumn evenings meant that we have on occasion turned the heating on.
And that needs to be inspected.
At one point I thought she was going to try to get inside the thing!
*
I do have garden news, but will save that for another day.

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

thanks for taking us with you .. sometimes we need to walk with others to be reminded of the beauty where we are xx

Janice said...

The Scenic Reserve certainly is putting on its scenic face at the moment. I think Autumn is the nicest time of the year. We are starting to have our heater on in the evening now and have had one frost. We've usually had more by now. Today is cold and wet. The first wintery day so far.

Chookyblue...... said...

A lovely spot for a walk....