Sunday 23 April 2017

I'm quilting again!

It's been a while and I never really became comfortable using the frame, but I got stuck in today, with help and support from a new friend.
I met my neighbour Claire at a sewing shop here in town ages ago, she was working/ helping out in there, we knew we were neighbours and had said we should get together on more than one occasion. I offered to let her use the frame for some charity quilts.
Last week we finally did it, we got together and loaded one of her quilts onto the frame and she happily and excitedly quilted a whole lap quilt in an afternoon. (Bad blogger!! Sorry, I forgot to get a picture.) OK, so there was a bit of evening too!
We enjoyed a good chat about all sorts of things, sewing and crafty related, and some not so crafty stuff too. She came back today and helped me to load my much larger quilt onto the frame and set off quilting. It was great to have her here.
 I had dreamed of some amazing and wonderful quilt designs. 
Then settled for a simple meander. LOL
After Claire left I continued to quilt away for the remainder of the afternoon and ran out of pre wound bobbins at just about time to stop and cook dinner! I'm about two thirds of the way through quilting the top. Once dinner was done with I popped back into my room and wound a load of bobbins ready for tomorrow but I have decided to call time now and relax for the evening. I'll do some more tomorrow. After a wee shopping spree with Claire. I'm off into town for fabrics for a new top.
Once I'm done on the frame I have promised Claire she can load up another of her many finished tops. I think she might end up buying one of her own!


6 comments:

Janice said...

I'm glad you are getting to know your quilting frame. It will be so good to have this quilt all done for Joe.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh that is very exciting.........glad to see you back quilting.........

AnnieO said...

Having a quilting friend is wonderful! Your quilt top looks terrific there in the frame. Enjoy!

Raewyn said...

How motivating to have a new friend who has helped you with your frame! Happy quilting :-)

Diane-crewe said...

the time goes soo much quicker when you have a friend to chat to... esp. one who understands what you are doing and talking about x Have fun x

julieQ said...

How awesome...it must feel great to be making such lovely progress!!