Wednesday 19 December 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

With only a week left until the big day, I finally managed to get the decorations sorted.
As promised last time, here's a pic of the red and gold tree, tucked into a spot in the sitting room.
There are lots of hand made ornaments on there. Some made by me, and some made by you!
Our second tree was delayed for a few days as Mr H wanted to do some deconstruction first.
An old night store heater had to come off the wall!
Here's a progress shot, with not one but two Christmas quilts in the background.
Eventually the job was done and the power point on the wall sorted out and turned into a normal plug socket. Then I got busy decorating a second tree.
There was a slight hiatus as a certain furry member of the household decided to chew on the cable for the lights!!
Eeek!
Thank goodness they were not plugged in at the time.
New lights were purchased and eventually we have a tree in our hallway, to greet visitors as they arrive.
There are one or two new additions this year.
 I made some new ornaments.
 Some speak for themselves.
 While others may need a little explanation.
These blue bows are made from Manx tartan ribbon, from my home The Isle of Man.
 These little white bows are the rescued scraps from some of last years pulling crackers and fit beautifully with my blue and white theme on this tree.
 This ornament isn't new, I've had it for a lot of years, and love the spun sugar effect.
 The fairy that sits atop this tree was given to me by DS Jiffy Jonathan. She got new wings this year. 
Her originals, are rather tiny and inconsequential, so when I saw a pair of angel wings for sale amid some other Christmas ornaments, I knew just where they needed to go.
 And finally the big 
TADA!
We have agreed that if we're going to continue to put a tree out in the hallway, we need to get a bigger tree!
And get the wall repaired and painted sometime early in the new year!!
*
On the subject of Jiffy Jonathan, I was delighted to hear that he and his beautiful girlfriend Josie got engaged the other day.
A wonderful Christmas gift.
Though I did tell him he must give me a few years to save up for a trip home for the wedding! LOL
And finally, some crafty content.
A progress pic of the Jewelled Elephant.
I got to sit for a while yesterday and stitch, and hopefully I'll find some time for more stitches today too. I really am enjoying this one.
Strangely, even though I am now beyond the half way point, I didn't yet start plotting what I'll stitch next......
That is unusual for me.
*
I probably won't find time to post again before Christmas..
So in the Manx dialect....





5 comments:

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas to you as well, I'm presuming that is what you said in Manx.
It was so lovely to meet up with you both earlier in the year when we were traveling around the South Island.

Janice said...

Your trees are looking beautiful. I seem to recognise one decoration on the blue and white tree and see a couple on your other tree the same that seem to have winged their way over here. What a delightful Christmas gift the engagement is. The elephant is making great progress.

Ali Honey said...

Season's Greeting to You !
The Manx Ribbon is lovely colours.

Maria said...

Bet your decorating is complete now ...

Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Christmas ...

Karen S said...

It has been an eventful time for you.
Love the trees and pleased no harm has come from the wire chewing incident. The blues in the second tree are gorgeous.
Congratulations to all for the engagement. That is super exciting.