Friday 14 December 2018

A break in the weather.

A break in our miserable weather allowed me to have a quick look around the garden while I was home for lunch the other day. These beautiful lillies are the only ones flowering, all the others are still tight green buds.
 Most of my peonies are finished, battered by the wind and rain, but these beauties tucked in behind a maple were protected and still look wonderful.
 There is mixed progress in the green house and veg gardens.
On my days off work this week I put up the Christmas tree.
Belle helped.
 I'll show a picture of the tree another time, for now here is the hand sewn fairy that was made by a friend of mums.
 Aaaaand just to show progress, a picture of my own stitching.
The elephant has legs and I've added more beads. 
*
That's it from me today.
Lots to do, before I head off to work.


4 comments:

Janice said...

Cats are so “helpful” wit Christmas decorating. Joey has been a great “help”. How special to have a handmade angel on your tree. Your elephant is progressing well. Our garden has had a nice drink from storms over the last couple of days. I’m jealous of your peony.

Ali Honey said...

Those are very unusual ( to me ) lilies. Do you know the name/ type. Do they have perfume?

Maria said...

Lovely to have some colour in your garden.
Belle always finds great hidey places.....
Avery cute Angel..
The Elephant will be gorgeous when complete.

Karen S said...

Great to see you had a lot of help with the tree. Good help is hard to find!