Saturday 5 October 2024

Goal #1 achieved.

After two and a half days of continuous rain, which at times was quite heavy, we finally have some sunshine today. Everything is still soaking wet though and I wasn't going to step on to either of our lawns to try getting pretty outdoorsy shots of my latest finish, so instead I tried a shot over the deck railing but that wasn't quite right.
So I persuaded my holder upper to step outside and perform. First he took a bow. LOL
Actually I think he has spied a bug!
Then we got on with some photos. Still not the best but you get the idea.
I just had time to get a quick shot of the quilting....
He wasn't sticking around for more. 
Sigh, it's getting harder to find a good holder upper.
And finally a look at the binding and my label on the back.
Sorry these are not the best photos. 
As the holder upper scuttled back indoors I lingered to get some garden shots.
Old man tree is starting to get his leaves and the snowball bush is in full bloom already.
I think judging by the scent, that this version of snowball bush is actually a lilac, it smells beautiful.
And finally, taken on a rainy day while I was quilting the wedding cake tree is also getting it's greenery.
I've done some knitting in the evenings, prepared the pattern for the wedding dress, did I mention that the bride has dropped two dress sizes?  She seems to have levelled off now so on my next run of days off I'll start cutting.
That is if I get my days off, I went in to work on two of my three days off this week, not in my usual role but as the diversional therapist! I read the news paper and we had discussion group in the mornings and in the afternoon we played housie/bingo and some board games.
That was something different.

No comments: