Monday 15 March 2010

05.30

That's what time the snoring bed hog woke me! I got up and had a cuppa before deciding to get on with that pile of quilts on the back of the chair. By the time the bed hog appeared at 08.30, I was just finishing off with Verandah Views. I've done some in the vicinity of the ditch quilting and also set my machine to do some fancy stitches around the edges of the stitched panels.
I just need to attach the label to the back, I'll do that this afternoon while the F1 GP is on.
Next I turned my attention to finishing Gail Pans Christmas Wishes. It's also quilted near the ditch and I used a plain stitch to go around the edges of the stitched pieces on this one.
As you can see the pieced border is also waiting for the GP.
*
So now I have only one quilt which needs quilting. It's all layered and pin basted, I just need to get on with it. That's a job for tomorrow.
*
I'll have a houseful for dinner this evening. DD Kay and Richard will be here, so will both of my boys and Mother has invited herself too! Hmm, it's Mothers day here in GB, how come I get to do all the cooking? LOL Never mind, it will be nice to have them all together.
*
Have fun and take care.

9 comments:

Jane said...

Verandah view is very pretty, love the label too. enjoy the grand prix, should be an interesting season

Karen said...

The Verandah View is oh so pretty. I like the label you have made for it. You were very productive this morning!

Allie said...

Lovely quilts, I'm jealous you're almost done - I've almost started, lol! Happy Mother's Day and don't wear yourself out cooking!

AnnieO said...

Happy Mother's Day! I do all the cooking on our Mother's Day here, too, as I have a brunch every year--for my mom, my MIL, and any of my three SILs that happen to be around!

Love your finished projects with the stitcheries, so sweet! The label is very pretty for Verandah Views.

sewkalico said...

Happy Mother's Day. You are so productive!!! WoW!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Love your stitcheries. Verandah Views says Spring all over it.

Lynda said...

You're certainly getting lots of completions! The label for Veranda Views is gorgeous!

em's scrapbag said...

Happy Mothers day to you. Your quilts are lovely.

Karen said...

Both are wonderful. I must make the Christmas one. I love the fabric you used for Veranda Views. So soft and pretty. I have all my fabrics picked out, just not sure how to piece it yet.