Friday 10 December 2010

Christmas ornaments.

Working, and knitting, and knitting and working and knitting and..........
I did get to go shopping with Mum yesterday and I did get to treat myself to a couple of new ornaments, which I thought I might share here. I adore this one, it's made of the most delicate glass with a snowy scene painted on.
And who could resist this guy?
Also yesterday the postie delivered a very special package, it had come all the way from Tracy in Australia. She is my SSCSwapper and she has made me not one, or two but three beautiful ornaments for my tree.
Lots of pretty stitches.
Red Ric rac and ribbon
and a delight to behold. Makes my efforts this year rather pale by comparison.
Thank you Tracy, I love them. If you'd like to see what else Tracy has been up to here's her blog, go take a peep.
*
I don't usually have my tree up yet, it's DS Joe's birthday tomorrow on the 10th and ever since he was a bump I resisted putting up the tree until after his birthday, but this year I made an exception, for two reasons, this is a new tree which of course I had to check over and I had to have something to display my new ornaments on!
Right I'm off to see if I can remember where I hid the boys gift!

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely ornies from Tracy........and the perfect reason to get the tree up........

Janice said...

Lucky you to have Tracy as your swap partner. She does beautiful work. I can't believe she used the same ornament pattern as I used for Terry's. Great minds....LOL.
I love your other ornaments. The painted one is so elegant.
Wish Joe an very happy birthday from both of us. If you really want to embarrass him, give him a big kiss from me.

Thimbelina said...

So glad you liked the ornaments I sent.... the ones you bought are lovely too! Hugs

QuiltSue said...

I love the glass ornament you showed. I really should get round to putting my tree up and writing the cards, and buying the ..... well, you get the picture.

Happy birthday to your son.

Lynda said...

I love buying new tree ornaments, and usually get one (or two!) every year. DH would like a themed tree (eg gold and purple) but I'm afraid all he gets is 'Christmas down the years'!

Vickie said...

lovely ornies you have got From Tracy there Lou.your bought ones are kewl as well....and I recieved the most lovely tree ornie from you today, along with the other gifties WOW got to keep my hands off them till christmas day..thanks heaps,cheers Vickie

quiltygal said...

Lovely ornaments Loulee lucky you bet you can't wait till Christmas to see what else you got... a lovely Christmas to you & the family hope its a good one xxx