Monday 3 January 2011

More handmade loveliness

I think I've mentioned before that I have a pen pal in Australia. She's not a blogger, she doesn't even have a puter. We've been writing to each other via snail mail for about 18 years now. Each year we do hand made gifts for each other. I made the Cadburys purple knitted bag for her and sent some of my tree decorations and a couple of purchased items. Here's what Maxine sent to me. A lovely blue work bag. This picture doesn't show how big it is! There is room, plenty of room for two of those big biscuit tins, you know the ones, with two layers of goodies? It has long handles and lots of pockets all around the outside.
Unfortunately it's a wee bit on the floppy side, but I think I have a plastic basket I could sit inside it, I'll have to experiment....for the photo it had two biscuit tins in it. Well how do you think I measured it? LOL
Maxine also made me these lovely red coasters/ mug rugs.
They can each take their turn on the table beside my knitting chair.
Also for use beside my chair, a little scrap baggie and a needle book.
Maxine had fussy cut the sides of the bag.
Cool huh?
Well I'm home from work, got my shoes off and had a cuppa, time now to cook the roast chook.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I love that scrap bag. Great for putting next to your sewing chair. Have a relaxing evening

AnnieO said...

How lovely to get handmade gifts like that! Wonderful.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Sounds like your SSCS was great fun - both what you made and what you received!