Thursday 10 March 2011

Could kick myself!

Upstairs.
I was up early this morning, ridiculously so, it was one of 'those' nights. And it shows. I've been upstairs playing in the sewing room since I heard my Hunney getting up and I knew I wouldn't disturb him. I finished putting together the rows of Butterfly Fling blocks. Then I cut the last of the sash strips and the blue corner stones and got them all put together.
I was flying and having so much fun. Then after I had pressed the first strip from the new batch, I came to a crashing halt.
Now I'm in the middle of unsewing said sash strips. I had cut all of the white pieces 1/2 inch too short. Time for a break and a cuppa. I'll get back to it soon, I want to try and get this top finished before I go in to work today. I start at 4pm.
*
Downstairs.
On the cross stitch front, I've almost completed the cross stitches for the bear piece. There seems to be very little back stitch, so I predict a finish fairly soon. :-)
After my last post about Cross stitch Ailsa got in touch with me asking about a stitch along, so that we have a little incentive and can encourage each other. Like a lot of us, she's a busy lady with a job, family and life all conspiring to get in the way of her craft time. Go have a look at her blog, tell her I sent you and crack the whip while you're there. LOL
No picture from down stairs today, Ailsa and I will post updates on the same day hopefully. Work, life, family...........permitting.
*
Right, I'm off upstairs to un sew some more.

11 comments:

Jane said...

That's the sort of thing I do, hope you have enough fabric to be able to rectify it quickly

sewkalico said...

Sorry to hear about the erroneous cutting, but the quilt top looks so cute!

Mad about Craft said...

How fustrating to cut those sashings half an inch short! The quilt is going to be lovely though.

Jenny said...

How annoying, how frustrating, what can you do now? Hope you have enough fabric left to cut some more, or it will have to be "Plan B", whatever that is!

Chookyblue...... said...

hey I did that with some blocks...............changed the whole look of the quilt.........at least it was only the sashing strips and you can cut some more.............there was nothing I could do with the blocks...........

Cath said...

The wuilt top looks really pretty and fresh .You'll have to save the bits for another project ,lol.
Hope you managed to get it sorted . X

AnnieO said...

Operator error is maddening, especially when you've been perking along, pleased with yourself! Happy unsewing day, I guess :)

QuiltSue said...

Your butterfly fling looks lovely. Don't you just hate it though when soemthing goes wrong and you KNOW it's nobody's fault but your own?

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very happy colors and I love the simplicity of squares. Sorry about the unsewing!

Janice said...

I can so relate to that. I did the same thing with our camper trailer quilt (still not finished), but it was the patterned fabric. Fortunately, I was able to buy more and used some of the mistakes to make a table runner. You were lucky it was the white fabric. Have fun with your stitch along.

Lindsay said...

What a pain having unpick the strip's

I know Ailsa but haven't seen her in years, I met her at stitching group locally and had found her blog at one point but lost it when my puter crashed!!