Wednesday 29 August 2018

Wet weather pursuits!!

It's not much of a day out there today and my two usual Wednesday playmates both had commitments elsewhere, so I stayed home and played.
On Sunday I finished cutting three inch squares.
 And made a bunch of four patch blocks to accompany the flying geese I had made previously.
 So today, I turned both sets of blocks into a quilt top, complete with borders.
Not the best image, sorry. I tried lights on, lights off, flash on, flash off and combining the above and this was the best I could get. Like I said, it's not much of a day.
In fact it is so dark, I've had a light on all day.
The inspector stayed with me throughout the whole process. (I suspect, because I have the heater in here with me).
I have to say though, she was a bit slack on the job, I didn't see her move all day and the only thing she inspected was the backs of her eyelids!!
*
My back is improving slowly. A little too slowly, but that may be my own fault, not only did I sew on Sunday, I also did an hour in the garden then had a huge set back on Monday.  Maybe the garden was a bad idea? LOL I wonder how it will get on with the quilting frame? I now have two tops that need quilting.
Right, time to try cross stitch, IF I can get comfortable in the chair.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee what an awesome quilt you have made well done my friend,take care xx

Karen S said...

Good to see you getting in some sewing.
But take care!

Ali Honey said...

Wow. You got more done than me on the same wet day.
Maybe try timing yourself and doing only 30 mins at any one tasks then changing.

Janice said...

I love your quilt. It is always amazing how effective simple blocks can be. Do take care of your back. I hope cross stitch will work OK for you.

Maria said...

Your blocks come together to make a nice flimsy.
The Inspector has a great spot to sit and snooze.
Hope the backs feeling better and you got to stitch.