Monday 3 September 2018

A Frivolous Day.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a Frivol is a verb.
Other dictionaries define Frivol as trifling things, little bits, or an idle diversion.
You get the picture?
Today and over the weekend I spent some time frivoling with the contents of a Moda fabrics Frivols tin.
On Saturday I pressed and sorted the fabrics.
Then made the required cuts.
 After some open heart surgery.....
 Naomi Janome was defluffed and ready for action.
On Sunday I made the first round of blocks.
And today after getting the chores done, I got stuck in and sewed lots of frivolous little seams and  finished this wee top.
This little frivol is called faithful.
I just need a shopping trip now, to buy some fabric for binding it.
Good thing we have a girls day out planned for Wednesday.
We're off to the big city.
It feels like an age since we all got together and even longer since we had a day out.
*
My back is getting better all the time. I'm almost able to bend and stretch as normal.
*
I'm hoping I have bought the final two hanks of yarn for Jiffys blanket. 
It's exciting to have it almost done. It was a great winter project though and kept me very warm while I was working on it. 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee wow this quilt is gorgeous,I love the fabrics,have fun on your shopping trip xx

AnnieO said...

Very pretty and fun Frivol! And satisfying to have a quick finished top. Hope the perfect finishing fabric pops up when you shop.

Janice said...

Well done. It looks great. Glad to hear that your back is on the mend.

Karen S said...

This is a great design. Lovely finish with your quilt top.