Monday 10 September 2018

A Very Busy Weekend.

In spite of the two social engagements and two late nights over the weekend, not to mention gardening weather, I managed to achieve quite a lot in my crafting room.
You had better grab a cuppa!
First up I layered and pinned my frivol from last week.
 I then set about doing some free motion quilting. Just a bit of a meander with some stars thrown in.
Some are better than others! 
I was struggling to get a nice motion going and my meander is not what I would have liked it to be, but never mind, it's done.
I discovered after I had finished that I had not lowered the feed dogs!!
That might explain a thing or two. LOL
Any ways, here it is with the binding all closed up.
Having enjoyed that, I moved on and started making up some wee zippered pouches.
Claire runs a craft stall and is asking for help to stock it.
Sew, I got busy. 
And made a whole bunch.
While I was busy inside, he was busy outside.
DS Joe bought me this lovely butterfly as a gift some time ago.
 I decided that it would brighten up the boring fence.
Back indoors... 
A larger piece of fabric called for a slight variation. to the plan.
Then all bagged out I was casting about, looking for something else to keep me busy and came across this kit that Claire and Debbie found at a yard sale and purchased for me.
I swapped out the 'green' fabric that was supplied and found a replacement in my stash.
I used my machine to applique the pieces into place.
 I've done very little quilting on it. 
Only the pattern on the flower and the leaves. 
And a little bit in the ditch between the red and grey.
I rather like how it came out.
No I didn't lower the feed dogs, I just put the walking foot on this time! LOL
I have a small collection of poppy pins. Some are British Legion Poppies, some are from the Isle of Man, some NZ RSA and even a few Australian RSA poppies. 
I've pinned them all to the bottom of the quilt.
Then put the whole thing onto a hanger and onto the wall it went.
Huge thank yous to everyone who has supplied me with pretty poppy pins.
*
Our girls day out on Wednesday was fun.
It's been a while since we did that.
Claire had a bit of a list and managed to get everything on it.
Debbie had no list, but definitely had bags of shopping.
I had one item on my list, and it wasn't pirate bunting.
When I saw this stuff I just knew I had to have it though. LOL
I think Floki might need it for his bedroom.
I also purchased  the red fabric which I used to bind the frivol, some dishcloth yarn, fabric pencils and new roller blades for my cutter.
It was a great day out.
I wonder when the next one will be?


4 comments:

Maria said...

You have been busy Loulee.
Your quilt looks good even though you are not happy with th quilting...
Boy you sure sewed up lots of zippered pouches great for selling.
Love your "Poppy" definitely didn't need lots of quilting and what great idea to put your pins on.

Janice said...

I’m tired just reading all that. I slept a lot on the weekend - very unproductive, but needed after the long flights. I love the poppy hanger and the way you have showcased your poppy pins. I purchased a few of those too. It’s great that the Isle of Man incorporates the three legs and motorcycles into the designs. They were selling poppy items at a castle in Wales, but were completely out of pins. Darn! That bunting will be perfect for a little boy’s bedroom, especially where he lives.

Diane-crewe said...

wow.. you certainly filled your time with fun projects x

Karen S said...

You have been busy and achieved lots. Great work with your quilt. Love the quilting design you used on it, too.
And that is a lot of zipper pouches. Well done.
Love the way you have used the butterfly on the fence, too.