Sunday 7 July 2019

Home Alone.

Tony has gone off fishing today, with his dad and brother.
It was a very frosty start and the fishermen sent me a photo of the sunrise over the ocean, which was calm and still. A great fishing day.
The house is very quiet and now that the sun is up and the heater is on, it's warming up too. I have one or two chores that need attending to, then I get to play.
Over my days off work this week I finished stitching the cute wee owl I had just started in my last blog post.
Now I just need to finish him. I think I will leave him in the hoop and just add a pretty backing fabric.
While I was pottering in my room looking for the next project I was inspired by a recent finish by Janice and had a go at a bowl cosy.
Now I want to make more. In different sizes.
As I have a head cold and really couldn't be bothered trying to figure out the changes necessary for different sizes I stopped at just one and prepped another stitching project, which I started right away.
I still have the head cold, but have to say I'm feeling much better than I was. My wrist and thumb are also still strapped up, which does tend to get in the way somewhat. 
Sew I'm not sure what I'll be doing today, with my peace and quiet.
I'll let you know.
What will you do with your Sunday? 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Do hope you are feeling better.. It's nice to have some ME time and just do whatever you want.
The wee owl is so cute.
Bowl caddies are great, I use mine when I pop my porridge into the microwave.

Janice said...

Considering your thumb is still strapped and you are still under the weather, you’ve been very productive. Great fabric on your bowl cosy. They are quick and easy, aren’t they.

Jenny said...

Do hope you are feeling better soon, it's no fun being sick is it. Plus your hand injuries must be very difficult to work around.
With any luck the fishermen were successful and came home with lots of lovely fresh fish!