Tuesday 23 July 2019

Will I ever learn?

Well, maybe one day, but not just yet.
My sore wrist was slowly improving as you know. I had discovered that I could do a little crochet and that was ok. But you know how it is, when you want to do something, you just do it and crochet is very addictive and hard to put down.......
My wrist got sore again and screamed at me to stop. So I put it away, in another room. Out of sight out of mind, I hoped.
But I'm no good at sitting and doing nothing.
So I thought, I would give knitting a try.....
 I have this lovely grey yarn that I bought, to knit myself a sweater.
You can't really see it, but there is a very subtle variegation in the yarn. It's ever so soft and lovely to knit with. I could do a couple of rows without my wrist complaining.
I got this far before it screamed at me to stop....
So I've put that away too.
But I'm no good at sitting doing nothing.
 So, I've pulled out my cross stitch. It's not so easy to do in the evenings while watching TV. I have to concentrate a little more on what I'm doing.
Wish me luck, because if this doesn't work I'm not sure what I'll do.
I'm not very good at sitting and doing nothing......
Lets end things on a higher and happier note. 
In an effort to cheer me up, Tony bought me these beautiful flowers at the weekend.
Isn't he a love?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh dear, your wrist is telling you loud and clear to not overdo things. Hope it all comes right very soon. Lovely flowers, such a thoughtful hubby.

Maria said...

Sew frustrating when you can't do some crafts, do hope the cross stitch is okay to work on...
Beautiful flowers..

Janice said...

How annoying is your wrist. It sounds like just a little progress is all that can be achieved in one sitting. Fingers crossed that your stitching is a little easier. If that doesn’t hurt too much maybe some stitching that doesn’t need counting like cross stitch? Isn’t Tony lovely to get you those flowers.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So sorry about your wrist. I must take heed. Last night I used my tiny scissors to take apart a caftan...a good tv project, but today my right hand is twinging so I’m going to take it easy today. But, like you, I’d be at sea without my stitching/handwork so I understand. Sweet hubby!