Monday, 5 October 2026

Stitches and Splashes.

 Well, I'm back at work, but I just had a long weekend off. So, what did I get up to you ask? 

Well, you know Tony and I took a short road trip, and I was able to visit the exhibition at symposium, and I did a little shopping too. 

All very exciting, but what about my own sewing, how is that doing? 

It is still dominated by my cross stitch at the moment. I really am enjoying it and will keep going as long as that pleasure lasts.

∘◦❀◦∘

So here we are, The Emperor's Gift has grown considerably.


I'll be taking him along to stitchy club this evening, so hopefully he will grow some more. 

🪡🪡🪡🪡

I did commit to getting a scrappy quilt top loaded onto the frame. 


The Debbie Mumm piece climbed out of the pile and demanded attention. I'm cutting it fine on the backing, but hopefully I will manage. I'll need to wind some bobbins before I start quilting. 

🪡🪡🪡🪡

And finally for this evening a quick look at Winter Fairy and Gus the Pus.


Finally, that blue blob over on the left is beginning to look like snow laden rooftops and shadowy distant buildings. 
I have managed to complete over three quarters of this page at last. I aim to be done with this page by the end of the month and maybe even make a start on the next page. 
There are six pages in this size and then two much smaller parts to add at the bottom. So, a long way to go with this project. 
Hopefully I can get back to some quilting soon and not bore you with Winter Fairy updates.

∘◦❀◦∘

And now I'm off to embroidery club. I deserve it after the day I've had at work. 
A pipe burst yesterday so the water was turned off! That meant, no showers, no flushing toilets, not hot zips for teas and coffees and no dishwasher. All meals and drinks served on paper plates and cups today. The escaping water had poured through the kitchen ceiling blowing some of the lights and shorting out the bane marie!
 No laundry could be done last night so it was piled high beside the machines. The plumbers didn't arrive until 08.30; they got the offending pipe patched up (Not repaired) and ready for use just before lunch. 
The electrician didn't arrive until after 2pm the bane marie is back in action, but not the lights.
At some point we discovered that someone had left taps on downstairs in the laundry and a bucket in the sink. The water was ankle deep and running out of the door!  
💦 Mop, Mop, Mop. 💦
Then it was time to make a start on last night's laundry!
With just one exception all of the staff and residents took it well. We laughed and joked and ignored the grumpy one. 
Here is to a better day tomorrow. 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh no, not a flood....we had two of those pipe burst floods in 2017, in January and in October. Talk about a nightmare year/couple of years. Gus the puss is looking more and more handsome!

Ma Betty said...

I hope your evening of handwork calmed the soul.

Jenny said...

What a thing to happen at work!

Karen S said...

What a crazy day you had.
I agree that you deserved some stitching time.