Thursday, 1 October 2026

Octobers Hopes and Dreams.

And suddenly it is October!
Time to spell out my aims and goals for the month. 

I'm glad that my Christmas ornaments are completed and that pressure has been lifted. So, what will claim the top of the list? 

∘◦❀◦∘

1) Try out and possibly share a new recipe.
Hopefully I can come up with something delicious.

2) Make progress on Down in the Garden.
I would like at least to get the borders on.

3) Progress Lest We Forget.
The poppies have been hanging around for long enough. Time to get the hand and machine quilting completed. 


4) Complete the Memory quilt.
I'll be working on that today, there is just a little of the poor-quality quilting left to rip out, then the top and back will need a good press before I even think about putting it back onto the frame.
🪡🪡🪡🪡
4b) I want to have one more practice on a scrapper before I commit to the Memory quilt again.

5) Continue to work on Winter Fairy and Gus. 
I really am enjoying cross stitching again, so best to keep up momentum on this huge piece.

(I've been working on getting better image quality, still not perfect, but it's an improvement).

6) Complete the Thistle cross stitch.
It's such a small piece that should be doable. I'd also like to get it made into a cute needlebook. Then as a part of the same goal, I'll start another small, stitched design, something I can work on in my lunchbreak. 
🪡🪡🪡🪡
6b) Continue to work slowly on the penguin cross stitch. Those 15 mins in the mornings are good and it's also a good one to take along to embroidery guild.

I was very pleased with the progress I made yesterday, even though there were people to meet and so many lovely projects to look at.   I thought about taking it to work, once the Thistle is done, but it has a lot of threads and a medium size hoop so it's a bit on the bulky side. 

7) Add and close the binding on the Eye Spy scrappy quilt.
And as it looks like there will be another scrappy quilt on the frame before the memory quilt goes back up there, I'll add it here too. So hopefully two scrappy quilts will get their bindings this month.

And I think that is enough! Seven goals is a lot for me, and let's not forget those little b) notes so technically nine goals. Phew, I'm going to be busy. I'll make a start today.

∘◦❀◦∘

Tomorrow Tony and I will be hopping into the big red car and driving up to Christchurch. We plan to stay overnight, have a look around, do a little shopping and also to visit The Threads of Our Time quilt symposium. Yes, Tony is coming along with me this year.  (If you remember that far back, he came to The Festival of Quilts in Birmingham a couple of times too. This one should be easier on him; it is much smaller). I have not booked any classes or seats at lectures; I'm just going to look at the quilts and visit the vendors. Yes, I have a shopping list. It is very short. I'm saving for a new quilting machine! Tony also has a list which is also pretty short.

Of course, a weekend off to do that, means I'll have to pay penance by working extra shifts next week.

∘◦❀◦∘


No comments: