Monday 31 January 2011

Shh, It's a secret.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day off on Friday. As I hoped, I got a few little things finished off and knitted some more of Freya's latest creation. I also scooted out to the yarn shop and bought some red and green. Nothing spectacular, just man made fibers at £0.50 a ball. See I'd spotted something in my knitting magazine and had a plan. It only took a couple of hours to whip up an apple cosy!
Tony always takes a lunch box to work, with a sandwich and some fruit. His Valentines day lunch box always contains an extra little surprise, a chocolate heart or something similar. This year I'll dress up his apple. LOL Shh, for now it's all hidden away in my drawer. ;-)
*
For those in the know, this is day 596. There is quite a list forming here, lots of little slips of paper to be made.
*
I have ham and leek soup bubbling away on the stove, yummmmmm. I'm off to stir that then do a little boring household sewing before I head off to work.

8 comments:

Jane said...

What a fantastic gift, it'll be a lovely surprise

Cath said...

Lol , that is so cute . Mmmm , soup sounds yummy , enjoy !

Jenny said...

Yum, I love soup, especially delicious home made soup. There is nothing nicer or homely, as far as I am concerned!

Andrea said...

That is cute - I used to do the same thing to Jason when he worked in a factory - Valentines day he would be very cautious about opening his sanwich box - lol

Jewells said...

Can't stop giggling at the apple cover...what will they think of next!! You certainly will have to let us know what he says!! LOL!..cheers..

Justflo said...

What a great idea. He'll be very surprised.


wizzybuff

Janice said...

I can just picture the ribbing he will receive at work when he opens up his ever so well dressed apple. It is so very cute.

Pascale said...

I have never seen anything like this apple cover before. It's so original, you are sure to bring a smile to his face on Valentine's day. Love it.