Wednesday 16 January 2019

Something old and (maybe) something new...

So I finished the secret stitchery piece yesterday. It was a joy to stitch and so quick!
I might have to do me some more of that.
But first, back to something old. My Spring Queen cross stitch project got put on hold last year, while I stitched the Jewelled Elephant.  I pulled her out again yesterday and spent some time reacquainting myself with her and even spent a couple of hours stitching. Which was nice. 
Before I did any of that however, I had a look in one of my hidey places and found these two boxes.
 Way back in 2010, (I thought it was longer than that) I collected a BOM kit. and stowed them away in my cupboard, for 'one day'.
 Each month I received a bundle of pretty fabrics.
 One or more stitchery patterns and instructions on how to finish each block.
Working on the secret stitch has given me a taste for stitchery and I've been having a look through the boxes and I just might make a start on this one.
I went out today and bought some supplies.
But first.....
Domestics. :-(

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Exciting. I have ( just ) one such similar BOM stowed away since way back. I wonder if I will ever get to make it. Not tempted at the moment.
Your elephant turned out beautifully.

Maria said...

Nice to get back to My Spring Queen and how good to have everything in the boxes ready to work on the pretty BOM.

Raewyn said...

Hehe you're not the only one with a beautifully organised, never started BOM stowed away! I hope you have fun with it. Your Spring Queen will be a lovely project to get back to :-)

Janice said...

How nice to find a pretty kit all ready to go. It's like an extra Christmas present. I'm sure you will do a lovely job of making it.

Janice said...

Oh, and it's nice to see Spring Queen come out of hiding as well. I'm sure you will start again with new enthusiasm.

Karen S said...

Looks like a plan. Good luck!