Wednesday 23 January 2019

Started the stitches

Yesterday was a very warm day here in Timaru. I'm not sure what the official records will show, but out on my deck the thermometer in the shade said 32 degrees C.
Lovely and warm. I got two loads of washing hung out and dried before lunchtime.
It was too hot to do anything much, but I got some other domestics done early, then settled in with my stitching.
I didn't get loads done as you can see, but the herbs are finished as is one of the chrysanthemum flowers and I made a start on the main panel. I'm beginning to wonder if I might be better off working with a hoop rather than my frame. There is some chain stitch in the main panel and I'm struggling a little with it, especially just after a change of direction.
It's not quite so warm today, but I got on and finished the domestics early again, now it's me time.
I'm not sure what to do though, continue with the stitchery or do some cross stitch on my Spring Queen.
I'm itching to play with Queenie, but also keen to try out the hoop on my stitchery....
*


5 comments:

Janice said...

You’re making a great start. It’s looking good. I wonder what you end up working on today? Stay cool.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see the stitching on the go. Every little bit counts.

Raewyn said...

It's a great way to spend a hot day. We had 28 in the shade the other day and I thought that was bad enough! I love your project.

Jenny said...

Haven't some of the temps been sky high? And terrible wind everywhere, goodness knows what is happening to the weather.
Your project is lovely.

Maria said...

A lovely way to spend a hot day .. Cute project you are working on.