Sunday 13 January 2019

A Lazy Sunday

Well, maybe not so lazy. I've done two loads of washing got it dried and put away.
We scooted to the shop for lunch supplies and Tony got the vacuum out as Belle is moulting and leaving huge clumps of white fluff everywhere she goes!
Aside from that, I've spent most of the day so far settled into my comfy seat, with my stitching.
I finished stitching and beading the jewelled elephant.
 All done except four golden beads!
How frustrating.
Four beads!
Sigh, I've ordered more and they should be here soon.
So an (almost) finish means a start right?
I was having a tidy up in my room on Friday morning and came across a pattern that has been coming and going on my to do list for a little while.
It's finally getting it's turn.
As you can see, it's not a cross stitch, but a colourful wee stitchery piece.
It's a gift, for someone who sees this blog.
So this is all you get.
Hmmm, I wonder if it's for you?
I have to say, I'm enjoying it, very much I love how fast it's going.
It's giving me a taste for doing more stitchery.
I've had a quilt kit stashed away (for many years) that has some pretty stitchery panels.
I'm off to make a cuppa, then it's back to my needle and pretty threads.

3 comments:

Janice said...

A very productive day. I love the way your elephant has turned out. I hope the extra beads arrive quickly. I’m intrigued by your new project. It looks very summery.

Maria said...

Your Bejeweled Elephant is beautiful. Sew annoying to need just four more beads...
The secret stitchery looks pretty sew far.. lucky recipient.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful elephant, she looks so regal in her beaded costume. How frustrating to run out of beads right at the end, just four beads short. Bet you had a choice word or two to say.
We also have little bits of white fur on the carpet from Gemma, the pussies are shedding their coats in this hot weather. Our one is really good, she is only 9 months old and just lays across mt lap while I groom her.