Tuesday 29 January 2019

Down in the garden.

I didn't do any more stitching on anything last Wednesday. I opted instead to clean out the fridge.
It was a nice cool job to do on a hot day. Once I was finished I sat down with a cold drink and did a little work on my brothers crochet blanket. I've done some more since and now it is no longer something small I can pick up on a hot day. 
There are seven of those squares you see below, all joined corner to corner and I've started to work rows across. 
I did get back to my stitchery on Sunday though, for another slow stitching day. Tony went fishing with his Dad and his brother, so I had a day to myself. I made some more progress, working on the bird house block. As I thought, it was much easier to work on in a wooden hoop rather than on a roller frame. I may get back to it later today and tomorrow. 
We'll see what life brings.
Speaking of down in the garden, I've just been outside with the camera. I thought you might like a look. Firstly, in the green house. Due to the cooler than usual summer we have been having, the tomatoes are a little slower than usual. But I see more colour out there every day.
 There is loads of fruit and I hope it all has a chance to ripen. We had to support these vines from the roof as we were afraid the weight of the fruit would break the stems.
 I couldn't resist taking a photo of this guy!! 
I might call him Pinocchio!
Also in the green house and in spite of an aphid problem, we have chilli peppers again.
They are also bearing fruit.
Outside, my rose bush is putting on a beautiful display
 And my rather slow Christmas lilies are flowering. This one has finally opened all but four of its nineteen buds!
It smells divine.
I'm off to find some lunch, then I might sew for a while.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You have a wonderful green house, chock full of lots of goodness. Love your stichery block.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see everything growing well, even if a little slow.
Great work on your projects, too.

Janice said...

The garden is looking great. You are having a cool summer, while they have just announced that January here was the hottest on record. Your brother's rug will be nice and snuggly, but not really a summer project to work on.