Monday 21 January 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching.

On Wednesday I hinted that I might be starting on a new project, and here it is.
By the end of play on that very same day I had gotten this far.
Then it was back to work. But as you know, I don't start until 11 am on Fridays, so I had time to play before going in, so I cut and made up not one but all four of the churn dash blocks needed for the project.
The overseer kept an eye on me while I sewed. 
 Things rested again on Saturday and I returned to it yesterday, my slow stitching Sunday. 
The wee Dresden flower you see in the image below is English Paper Pieced. Something I haven't really had much of a go at before. I tried some hexies years ago and they were not very nice, so I didn't continue. So after some googling and youtubing I set about having another go.
I sat myself outside in the sunshine and made me a flower. It's not perfect, some of the petals are a little uneven, but on the whole I'm fairly happy so it was appliqued into place and as you can see, block one is on my roller frame ready to have the stitchery parts completed.
*
Of course that is not all I've been up to. The green house is quite productive at the moment and I had a big bowl of tomatoes that needed using up, so I prepared pasta sauce for the freezer. YUM! 
*
In the evenings I sit with my crochet. I've made a start on another big blanket. 
This one is for my brother.
 *
The postie brought me a package on Friday, something I had ordered from the UK.
I showed you this Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago. 
 I had fallen in love with the hare character and had an inkling that I had a pattern for something similar. I hunted around and couldn't find it, so purchased one from UK and waited for it to arrive.
And here it is, my newest acquisition, Brighteyes. 
(Yes, I know, the book, the movie, rabbits not hares. But look at those ears, this guy is definitely a hare. I might rename him.)
 Wouldn't you know it, on Wednesday, I found the pattern I was sure I already had!
This guy is called clover.
*
Nothing has changed on my Spring Queen cross stitch. LOL
Maybe I'll get to have a go at her on one of my days off this week.
I don't start work until 10.30 on Mondays, so I'm off to do some necessary stuff and maybe I'll have time to play before it's time for work. 


3 comments:

Janice said...

You have no excuse for being bored with all you lovely new projects. They are all gorgeous.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the blocks. You are making the most of your time.
Love the new pattern and the old one you found!

Diane-crewe said...

Itis sooo much fun to have projects that inspire you to keep working on them x