Monday 7 January 2019

The house feels very empty

Tony and I took the trees and other Christmas decorations down yesterday and now the place has that bare and empty feels that follows Christmas.
I swapped out the Christmas Quilt for Spring Sprouts.
It doesn't do much to fill the emptiness, but it is a pretty greeting to anyone who comes through our door.
Belle will have to find another quilt to snooze on!
We've had some very hot days here, Saturday reached 36 on our shady deck, but Mr H didn't think to get photographic evidence. (I was at work) Yesterday was overcast all day, then we got a good amount of rain in the evening and over night.
We're back to blue skies today.
I'm off to work soon, I start at 10.30 on Mondays, which means that sometimes I get to sew for a while before going in. Sadly not today, I have one or two domestic chores to get finished. Tomorrow and Wednesday are days off though and I plan to sit and stitch as much as possible for those two days.
I see many bloggers posting plans for what they want to achieve this year.
I have no such plans, I'll just see where the muse takes me.......
*
I'm off to the washing line.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Guess it is a little bare after taking down your Christmas decos but the Spring Spouts Quilt is gorgeous...
Hope you get time to sit and stitch on your days off...

Jenny said...

We have just returned home from a couple of weeks away. Robin was up the ladder today taking down the few strings of lights he put up outside, while I steadied the ladder for him. Guess I'll have to put the inside decorations away next, and take the Christmas quilts down too.

Janice said...

We always comment how bare it looks when the Christmas decorations are taken down. Mick has suggest I don’t need to buy any more for the collection. 36 is pretty warm for your part of the world. Hopefully you won’t get more days like that. We’ve had a couple of cooler days and a bit of rain, including a really wild storm this arvo. Now it is expected to get hot again.

Karen S said...

I agree. It always looks bare when the decorations come down. It always takes a bit of getting used to. Gives you an excuse to make some more quilts.

Pam said...

I've popped over from Quilting Orchardist and have been looking back over your blog to try to find out why you emigrated - from the beautiful Isle of Man. But I didn't discover. Is it because your granddaughter is in NZ, I wonder (if she is)? Not that it's any of my business. I'm much too much of a homebody ever to emigrate. (I live in Edinburgh.) Anyway, what beautiful work you do!