Monday 21 January 2008

Hi, Sorry I seem to only manage one post a week at the moment, I'll try to do better honest, but things are going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.

I have to start packing today as we move house on Saturday. There is no internet connection at the new place and Telecom say they can't get to it until 31st! No sky tv either, but the guys will be there for that on 28th.

On a brighter note I will have a special little area where I can leave my sewing machine set up and possibly even the ironing board. The first job will be to get some curtains sorted out. I found a single huge curtain in a nearby charity shop which will cover both windows in the dining room. It still feels new I don't think it got much use in it's previous home. I'd say over £150 worth and I got it for £10. I just need to get the shears out and hem the new edges.

Moya and I are going out for a walk again today, weather permitting, I watched the poor kids troop into school in the pouring rain, but that seems to have cleared now they have all arrived. We also want to go to the manx museum some time this week as they have a quilt exhibition on at the moment. They also have classes and demonstrations and other quilty events going on, but I don't think I'll get a chance to attend any of those.

Speaking of Moya here she is ......BYE!


2 comments:

Janet said...

Lots of luck on the move Loulee...I'll miss ya on Saturday chat!

Nana's Quilts said...

Thanks for your note on my blog - do we know where you are moving? Is it local or off the island? I don't remember if you told us, sorry!

After you get the computer set up (eventually) think of all the adventures you will have to tell us about.

Good wishes.
Marne