Sunday 6 September 2020

Blogger Issues!

So finally I'm joining everyone else and today have experienced frustrations with new blogger.  Things really are not going as I planned. Even though I have tried to align my images and my typing to the centre, as I would normally do, things are just everywhere! What a mess, there is extra spacing, some things centrally aligned and some over to the left. I'm really not happy with this post.

Grumble over, lets get on with the fun stuff. 


                                                           
And here it is. Not the tidiest, but a cute wee star hiding the little hole in another black sweater.
As I mentioned in my last post, I've been able to begin catching up on my hand work now that my new light has arrived. Here is Junes instalment of Gail Pans I Stitch (Wish you well) project. July is in progress and will hopefully be completed over the next couple of days.
                                       
                            Hmm, it looks a bit of an odd shape here, but I assure you, it is straight. 
This morning I spent some time in my wee room, and after a major tidy up, (mask making is so untidy!) I pulled out my box of red and pink scraps and made up these lovely butterflies for the RSC
I do enjoy making these each month and couldn't resist pulling the others out of hibernation for a few moments to get a picture.
                                         
There are three of each colour all piled up together here. I'm going to have a very pretty quilt once I'm done.
               One last thing before lunch was to make up the single alternate RSC block.

And get it's photo with it's friends.

I came across this pattern in July and decided to add it in to the mix, I won't complete it until the middle of next year, or who knows, I may decide to keep building for another year. 

Oh Dear, I've just done a preview, what an awful mess.
Try as I might, I cannot get things to align neatly.
So I'm just going to hit publish and hope for the best. 
I wonder if it's a browser issue?
I'm using Chrome, I haven't used explorer for years.

11 comments:

ButterZ said...

Yes we are all a bit frustrated. I haven't done a post in a while as I can't do one on my iPad, my computer died and we bought a new one last week. I just haven't been interested in turning it on and doing a post.
I will one day and hopefully you will get used to it.

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks a bit disorganised on the blog but my feed in feedly looked fine..... Nice blocks

Karen S said...

It is difficult when blogger plays up. Time the company fixed it!
Good to see you getting back to a lot more sewing with your new light. Lovely to see all your projects.

jude's page said...

Your post has published pretty good, and except for a couple of photos not centred, wouldn't know you had problems. Glad you can catchup on hand work now you have your light.

kiwikid said...

Lovely blocks you are making, great fix on the hole! I found blogger was a bit strange the first few time I used it but now it is going well. Hang in there.

Maria said...

Great to becat hing up the the pretty stitchery project and lovely RSC blocks....
So far I'm not having any blogger issues but I guess it because I don't try to align things beautifully like you do. 🤔

Radka said...

Oh, the new blogger - nightmare! I am still going back to the old format to write my posts. Gail Pan block looks lovely,

xx

Ondrea said...

Love all your blocks and the BOM block is beautiful with your chosen colours...so cheery. Good luck with new blogger. I switched mine back but know they will change it eventually and I won't be a happy blogger either.

Janice said...

Your blocks look great together. I have found that sometimes things won’t align when you highlight and select the formatting style. I have been selecting the format style before typing, or if some is incorrectly aligned I click either before or after where I had typed, select the formatting I want and then cut the text and pasted it in the correctly formatted spot.......if that makes sense. Good luck with figuring it out. You will get there.

Fiona said...

I guess there will be blogger issues to tune up... I do mine on the laptop and have no problems with the layout.... yours looks fine though....
Lovely sewing..... you have quite a variety on the go...
Hugz

dq said...

I am sorry to hear about your blogger issues! I also do mine on a laptop and haven't any trouble at all.

I like to do the text on my laptop and add the photos from my phone. The changes have served me well.