Sunday 27 September 2020

Slow Stitching...

Ten days since my last post, is that all? It feels much longer. 
I didn't get back to my purple quilting yet, it's still on the frame and I see it every day. I will get it done soon though I promise.
I have been doing some slow stitching. Still trying to catch up on my monthly Christmas ornament and my I stitch project. Having no lamp meant I fell behind. 
I have no new pictures of I stitch, but I promise I will show an update of that soon.
And as I'm sure you know well enough by now, the Christmas Ornaments are a secret as many of them will be gifted to readers of this blog! They are also the subject of a wee stitch along that Janice and I are doing. While I repeat pretty much the same project each month, she has been doing all sorts of Christmas items. Sometimes finishing UFOs that have been hidden away for years, and sometimes starting and finishing brand new projects. It has been fun seeing what she comes up with each month and I feel that we have been a very positive influence on each other. 
Thank you my friend.
So if I can't show off any sewing, what can I show off?
In my last post I showed some lovely yellow fabrics I had just purchased, they are to make a sunflower project. Well, a new project means a new box.
I fell in love with this bicycle as soon as I saw it.
All those yellow fabrics and their green and brown friends are settled snugly in there awaiting their turn. 
And while I was looking, I also spotted this beauty.
It had to come home with me too. Nothing has found a home in it yet, but I'm sure something will.
I am enjoying having my projects tucked away safely in pretty boxes.
Another thing to thank Janice for. LOL
*
And because at last I can.
Cuddles with a grand child.
Grandad Tony and I have had lots of lovely cuddles with baby Torstein.
He is a very cuddly little boy and loves nothing more than to snuggle up on a willing grandparent and have a snooze.
*
The weather is supposed to deteriorate back to winter today, with a whopper of a storm to hit parts of NZ over the next couple of days. So perfect weather for staying indoors snuggled in my favourite chair, with my needle in my hand and my super bright lamp to light my way as I stitch another catch up Christmas ornament. 
Sew that's what I'm going to do. 

 

10 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous pics of the new addition with you both..
Lovely boxes for storing your new projects and I bet it wont be long before the empty one is filled..

Maria said...

Gorgeous pics of you both with the new babe..
Lovely new boxes and I'm sure it won't take long to fill the empty one.

Jenny said...

Such gorgeous pics of baby with his loving grand-parents! What could be nicer than a cuddle with such a cute little baby.

kiwikid said...

Very special to have cuddles from your new grandchild.
The new boxes are lovely, perfect for projects to go into.

Ondrea said...

You are so blessed to be able to have cuddles with your dear little bubs. He is adorable. I really miss mine. Love your boxes. I have had to resist buying more boxes and tins and at least lockdown has helped lol. Enjoy that gorgeous little grandson of yours.

Lin said...

Pretty boxes. Enjoy your slow stitching - and your lovely grandson. xx

Fiona said...

how lovely to have grandie snuggles..... and great boxes to fill.... I need to start thinking about Christmas ornaments.... hmmm
Hugz

Janice said...

I don't know if I have been a good or bad influence on you. LOL Mind you, that bicycle box is super cute. I had to stop looking at boxes, as I have no more room. I'm sure you will be all caught up on your stitching before too long.
I'm glad you can finally have lots of grand baby cuddles. Tony looks like a natural. I can see you both spending a lot of time with him.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG super fast grandie rushing into the world this time......so pleased you get to have hugs with this one........
catching up on a few posts the blocks look lovely in your last post and I'm glad you didn't get the bad storm.......

dq said...

Baby Torstein is so precious! I am so glad to see your smile while holding him. They are just so pure and close to heaven. They bring a special presence into the home.

I have been able to cuddle my sick little man twice in the past couple of weeks. There is nothing better, and he is improving.