I was a little worried the other day to read that the squirrel had hopped over to Kiwikid Sues place, to
distract help her out. As I had only half a plan for finishing the HSTs. But I set off yesterday, hopefully sewing them together. As I suspected, there were issues with lost points and varying block sizes. That is the nature of 11 year old scraps. Well that's what I told myself.
That little group at the top was about half an inch narrower than the others! EEK!
I turned both pieces this way and that and discovered that my rearranging had reduced the difference to a quarter inch, then inspiration, or the squirrel struck and I popped a piece of Jelly roll in there, which helped to disguise the difference.
I kept on adding a few more pieces of jelly roll log cabin style.
I'll call this a completed top. It's a nice size for a bassinet or a small crib, or even a wall hanging.
I have some lovely chocolate brown slices of Jelly roll that I will use for binding, but first I must quilt it.
There were a few rejected blocks and some left over HSTs, they went into the crumb basket.
I'll address them another day.
Next I pulled out the floral scraps again, maybe this time they will get their chance to shine.
You can see right at the top of the photo the cutting guide for what I hope to do with them.
I just need to dig out a suitable fabric to use for sashing.
I hope to start cutting today.
And finally, I completed the wash cloth I was knitting during the zoom session.
If you have never tried using these cute little hand knitted cloths you should.
They are lovely to use. I have some for cleaning the house and some that I keep especially for cleaning me and my grand children.
That's all of my news, now I'm off to do chores, before I play.