Tuesday 23 August 2022

Rewards.

Debbie and I spent the day studying yesterday. Although we are both working on different papers, we still managed to inspire each other. Today, as a reward for all of our hard work, we went shopping.
A visit to The Quilting Shed was a must for both of us.
I was looking for some threads for two quilting projects. Of course I found extras.
Hmmmm, thanks Blogger, for the sideways pic. 
Oh and the cone is not as blue as it looks here. It's actually a very delicate opal/pearl colour.
After I had paid, I spied the very last beautiful bundle of batiks sat all alone in a box. I had to have them and give them a loving home.
Sew pretty....
And here they are all lined up.
Almost good enough to eat, but I'll just stroke them and caress them for a while, then sew with them.
Debbie bought two smaller fabric bundles, one a kit for a memory project and another was topping up some scraps to make a quilt top.
After a lovely lunch back here in town we paid a visit to an op shop.
Look what I found......
A new friend to add to my collection of toy machines.
And at an amazing price.
I didn't get a chance to have a proper play yet, but it does run. The book says it makes a chain stitch.
She seems to have lots of little secret hiding places.
And what is this???
She does have a manual, I'll have to have a read and see what this does.
I think it's meant to add press studs or something similar. 
I'd love to have a play, but I've picked up some extra shifts and have to go to work this afternoon.
maybe tomorrow, before work. LOL
Time to have a cuppa, then get in to my scrubs. 

14 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

A very nice reward I must say...... Lucky you for being a good girl.....

Jennifer said...

What a cute machine....and I love your batik fabrics, and threads!

Lin said...

Pretty fabrics and what a fun little machine - I love secret drawers! xx

Maria said...

Lovely way to treat yourselves after study.
Cute little machine.

ButterZ said...

Isn’t it wonderful we, as adults, can still play with toys. Have fun working it out.

Janice said...

You did score well at both shops. Have fun playing.

Christine B said...

Those batiks couldn't possibly have been left in the shop all alone! How kind you have been to rescue them!! LOL That little machine looks fabulous! Can't wait to see what that mystery part does! Christine xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Good luck with your present study unit. You are certainly keeping busy and active. You look wonderful in your new top...last post.
Isn't it great getting into a quilt shop!
And that new toy is wonderful. Imagine it working too.

Jenny said...

Shopping with a friend is always fun.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

LOL I love how that bundle of batiks had to come home with you to be caressed for a while :)

That's a fun looking machine. I bought a toy one for my daughter when she was little, but she had (and still has) zero interest.

Hope you get some sewing time in between work shifts this week :)

Fiona said...

Excellent reward choices...
Hugz

Janet O. said...

Gorgeous batik bundle. I totally get why they came home with you.
Oh, what a sweet little sewing machine! Pretty nifty little compact thing with fun surprises! And purple in the bargain! :)

Ondrea said...

How cute is that sewing machine! Great find. Love your batiks and I look forward to seeing what you make with them.

kiwikid said...

Great to have a day out to enjoy. Wonderful find at the op shop.